OK so maybe that title is a bit exaggerated. Of course I could live without these things, just like I could also technically live...
In May 2010 I stopped eating land animals for humanitarian reasons. I don’t know if it will stick… it’s been 5 months now and so far so good. I know that Vegans would still think me incredibly cruel to continue to eat fish and cheese. I get it but hey it’s a sliding scale and at least I’m doing something, right?
It used to be that as soon as I opened a menu I looked right to the beef or pork dishes and stopped there. So this “fishetarian” diet has really helped me discover some good meals I would’ve otherwise missed. I wanted to share those with you here.
- Grilled fajita burrito with tofu instead of meat at Sharky’s
- Cheese enchiladas with green sauce at El Rey Cantina
- Cabo Fish Tacos at Nature’s Grill
- The unbelievably good clam chowder at Spencer Makenzie’s
- Grilled cheese with fries at In-n-Out for a quick fast food meal
- Eggplant Parm sandwich or the salmon tacos at Meridian’s
- Yellow curry shrimp at the new Rice Thai place downtown
- The shrimp capellini and scallops with fennel at Tutti’s
What am I missing? What are some of your favorite Ventura vegetarian or fishetarian dishes? Please let me know!