Ventura Mojo

Recent Comments

Ventura Mojo

Travel

Why is American Airlines blocking Pageonce Travel’s Trip Tracker?

9th January 2012

When people ask what my favorite iPhone app is I say Pageonce Travel’s Trip Tracker without hesitation.  It automatically pulls all your travel reservations (air, hotel, car) with confirmation numbers and everything and loads them into one place.  It also sends alerts if anything changes.  As a frequent traveler I totally rely on it… I don’t even print the email confirmations anymore.

So I was very disappointed when I logged on tonight to check my travel for the week and noticed that my American flights were missing.  Why?  Because according to the app, American has decided to block access for some reason.  Pageonce suggests calling the AA 800# but when I did the American Airlines rep (who, ironically, was obviously not in America) could only help with reservations.  She had no clue about what Pageonce even is.  Disappointing indeed.

I wrote this post because I searched Google and couldn’t find any info about American and Pageonce.  Am I the only AA Platinum flier using this thing?  I’m hoping somebody might comment who knows what’s going on.  Or maybe share other ideas, for instance it looks like Expedia is still sharing info with Pageonce, so perhaps if I book all my future flights on Expedia instead of aa.com maybe I’ll still be able to use the app?

I enjoy writing about technology, travel, wine and living in Ventura, CA.

Comments

• Barbara Grogg
    Posted at 1:47 pm January 9, 2012
    Barbara Grogg
    Reply Author

Right on.. My husband and I both are heavy travelers on AA and are upset at pageonce issues. 3rd party for AA mobile apps 866-301-1250. Advised me “security issues” with no further info. This is the best app I have found that would track multiple fliers and all cars,hotels, and airlines. AA obviously wants you to use their new and improved (?) site.

• admin
      Posted at 5:17 pm January 9, 2012
      admin
      Reply Author

Hi Barbara – Glad I’m not the only one affected by this! Maybe if enough people contact them they’ll get the message. If their goal is to get us to use their site they may be miscalculating, because I’m now inclined to book my AA trips on other sites that still work with Pageonce.

• Admin2
    Posted at 10:13 pm January 9, 2012
    Admin2
    Reply Author

I also want the pageonce access for American Airlines.
    We should have the right to allow access to those services we rely on for our travel needs.
    Yet another example of telling us that only the airline itself can offer superior service.
    American- please allow your frequent flyers the ability to give access to Pageonce.

• Ali
    Posted at 4:40 am February 18, 2012
    Ali
    Reply Author

me too! disappointed that pageonce is blocked 🙁

• thewhigs
    Posted at 5:49 pm April 6, 2012
    thewhigs
    Reply Author

Add me to the list as well.

• Mike
    Posted at 3:42 pm April 11, 2012
    Mike
    Reply Author

I opted to send AAdvantage an email on the subject, here: https://www.aa.com/contactAA/viewAadvCustomerServiceFormAccess.do

• admin
      Posted at 4:14 pm April 11, 2012
      admin
      Reply Author

That’s great – thanks for the link Mike.

• Alvester Garnett
    Posted at 5:05 pm June 27, 2012
    Alvester Garnett
    Reply Author

I’m mad at American Airlines too! In the long run it just devalues their brand. I know I certainly think less of them and I traveled well over a 100K miles last year on various airlines combined.

• Greg
    Posted at 3:55 pm July 20, 2012
    Greg
    Reply Author

I too have this problem with Trip Tracker. I fly both AA and Southwest, both of which block PageOnce. United is blocking these days too (not that i fly them much). As a result, I have switched to using the TripCase app. It doesn’t automagically update but i can simply forward my reservation confirmation emails to them (pretty painless as they come in almost instantly as they are made). Updates are made to my Trip Case account very quickly.
    Other than not automagically updating the reservations, I love this app. Everything gets entered in the order that i use it. A simple swipe from reservation to reservation. A touch of a button makes a phone call to the provider, shows a map, or gives alternate flight info in an instant.
    I’ve been using it for a few months now an have no complaints. Give it a try.

• Joe Traveler
    Posted at 9:32 pm July 20, 2012
    Joe Traveler
    Reply Author

The problem is with pageonce……there service causes problems with AA website.

• Joe P Traveler
      Posted at 5:39 am December 8, 2012
      Joe P Traveler
      Reply Author

Bah, I don’t buy it. Pageonce is only READing information. If every other (except AA, SW, UAL?) airline’s website is ok with it, how can theirs be that much different. Another reason I won’t fly AA anymore.

• eddie
    Posted at 9:36 pm August 12, 2012
    eddie
    Reply Author

There cannot be any “good” reason for American Airlines to block Pageonce.
    Pageonce is one of the best apps available for frequent travelers.

We have a “choice” when we fly, let’s let them know how upset we are by flying another airline, and letting them know !
    “We are mad as hell, and not going to take it anymore”

• mohamed
    Posted at 3:50 am August 23, 2012
    mohamed
    Reply Author

It seems that Expedia has blocked Pageonce as well. Does anyone has same experience?

• Tamela
    Posted at 5:16 pm February 19, 2013
    Tamela
    Reply Author

Heya this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if
    blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!